I Dunno About This....

     On March 20, the Padres and Dodgers kicked off a two game series in Seoul, South Korea. This was technically Opening Day for them, I guess, but the other teams still had a fair share of spring training before their seasons started.

    Game 1 of the Seoul Series was a tight game. The Dodgers ended up taking the game with a four-run eighth.

    In that inning, the game was tied 2-2 with runners on first and second base, one out, when this happened:




    This was called an error on the first baseman Jake Cronenworth. I dunno about this call. If a ball is hit, and breaks through a fielder's glove, I don't see how it could be called an error, since the fielder did no wrong in fielding the ball. 
    I get that the ball wasn't struck particularly hard, and I don't know what it is that caused it to go through, but I don't think that this play should be scored an E-3 since Cronenworth didn't do anything wrong. He went to field the ball, and it broke his glove.

    This was a costly error. At the time it was a 2-2 game, and if Cronenworth's glove makes the play, who knows, maybe they double up the Dodgers and force the game into extras. 

    I've been thinking about posting on this play, and I'm only two and a half months late on it. But I feel it is my duty as an American baseball fan to get my opinion across. Have a nice day y'all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The LOOGY

Commentary on the Cy Young Awards

THE TOP PLAYERS FOR 2024