Why Did I Do That???

     I'm trying not to relapse back into writer's block. So, I'll post on something semi-stupid; my fantasy decision today. This is stupid for two reasons; why am I posting on my managerial decisions? and, this particular decision was pretty stupid.

    I was losing to my opponent 10-5, and there was no reasonable chance that I win. So, I benched my starting second baseman, Zack Gelof, who has been hitting awfully thus far in favor of Jackson Holliday, who has somehow been hitting even worse. Yikes. I also benched my starting catcher, Gabriel Moreno, in favor of Tyler Stephenson, because the past two days Stephenson was sitting his rear-end on my bench and hit homers in each game. Also yikes.

    So I ended up going through with the decision. After all, a good manager lets all the players get playing time, right? Well, that's a subject for another day. Anyway,  the two guys I started went a combined 0-for-6 with two walks. Big surprise there. Meanwhile, Moreno and Gelof went a combined 4-for-7 with a run, 2 RBI, and a steal. I think I know who'll be starting most of the time from now on. Well, it doesn't matter anyway because either way I'd lose 10-5. So it all works out........sort of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The LOOGY

Commentary on the Cy Young Awards

AL Rookie of the Year, 3B: Gunnar Henderson vs. Josh Jung