Phils take series against team 14 games better than them

 On Thursday the Phillies took the last game of the NLDS 3-1 and beat Spencer Strider and the Braves, eliminating them. Since I don't care too much to go into major detail, I will just state basic facts. Castellanos was on fire, hitting .467 and setting a record, hitting multiple jacks in games 3 and 4 (a combined four). It was unfortunate for the Braves, who gave up a combined 20 runs and only scoring a measly eight. Austin Riley was the main source of offense for the Braves, hitting .353 with two homers, including the go-ahead two-runner in game two and a solo shot that gave the Braves the lead in the fourth inning of game 4. He drove in three of the eight runs, and scored two of his own. While the Phillies beat them thoroughly, it's still sad to see a team that good fall to a team that they were 14 games ahead of. My bracket is totally screwed. Nonetheless, the Phillies are now playing Arizona, quite the favorable matchup for them. I would also like to add that every series except for one (Astros vs Twins) was an upset. Who do you think will win the World Series? Please tell me in the comments. 


And just a note: I will conclude my closer posts after the MLB postseason.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The LOOGY

Commentary on the Cy Young Awards

THE TOP PLAYERS FOR 2024