Royce Lewis?

 ROYCE LEWIS?


Who is Royce Lewis, and why does he have a Stars of MLB card? He has literally played in 40 MLB games in his whole career. 

Royce Lewis was born in 1999, and in his five seasons in the minors he was good, slashing .273/.342/.434. That’s fine, but not Stars of MLB worthy, especially because these stats were in the minors!

In his 40 MLB games, he is slashing .331/.362/.507, and I’m not going to worry about most of his other stats, because he has such a small sample size. He has certainly been good, but has only played 40 games, so we really don’t have a great idea of how good he will be in the future, or even in a whole season.

I can’t write a lot about him because I just don’t know that much about him. He’s obviously extremely talented, because he is playing in the Majors, but I can’t really call him a Star of MLB yet. If I were making those cards, I would at least see how good a guy has been in a few seasons, not 12 games. 

I’m certainly not saying anything bad about the guy. It’s just surprising to call somebody a Star who has almost no experience. I would give him some time first and see how good he is in a couple years. But, who knows? Maybe MLB knows something that I don’t. Maybe I am forgetting something. 

I wish the best of luck to Royce Lewis, and I hope that he will indeed become a star of MLB.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The LOOGY

Commentary on the Cy Young Awards

THE TOP PLAYERS FOR 2024