Fantasy Baseball: Part 2

 I would just like to tell you that my eighth place fantasy team, The Atlanta Scareds, just won our fantasy championship. Since we were the last playoff spot, I had to beat the first-place team (11-5), the fourth place team (11-4), and the second place team in the championship (9-7).

Due to injuries and starters making their final appearances, I can't really give a definite roster, but I will show you what it was at the start if the week, as this was closest to my roster all season:

JT Realmuto (C)

Freddie Freeman (1B)

Zack Gelof (2B)

Austin Riley (3B)

Nico Hoerner (2B, SS)

Bryce Harper (1B, OF)

Aaron Judge (OF)

Kerry Carpenter (OF)

Ketel Marte (2B)

Esteury Ruiz (OF)

Kris Bryant (OF)

Tyler Stephenson (C)

Sonny Gray (SP)

Zach Eflin (SP, RP)

Joe Ryan (SP)

Cristopher Sanchez (SP, RP)

Chris Bassitt (SP)

Jose Berrios (SP)

Ryan Pepiot (SP, RP)

Max Fried (SP)

Adam Ottavino (RP)

Trevor May (RP)

Tyler Rogers (RP)

Reynaldo Lopez (RP)

AJ Minter (RP)

Josh Hader (RP)

Trevor Stephan (RP)

Chase Silseth (SP, RP)

AJ Smith-Shawver (SP)

I had Silseth and Smith-Shawver in my IL and NA slots respectively, mostly because I really like both of them. However, in the championship week they came back and I started them in the lone appearances that they made.


My postseason roster added:

Ryan Jeffers (C)

Gabriel Moreno (C)

Jared Triolo (1B, 2B, 3B, SS)

Eddie Rosario (OF)

James Outman (OF)

Bobby Miller (SP)

JP Sears (SP, RP)

Zack Greinke (SP)

Clarke Schmidt (SP, RP)

Reese Olson (SP)

Allan Winans (SP)

Kyle Harrison (SP)

Jose Butto (SP)


I got the hitters mostly because on the last day of the season, only half of my players were in the lineup, and I was only winning RBIs by like two. I was also winning FLD% by 2 points, and those guys helped me keep that stat. I would like to give a shoutout to Jared Triolo, whom I had when Nico Hoerner went on the IL with 2 days left. Triolo went 2-8 with a run and a walk in his 2 games.

Kyle Harrison and Jose Butto never played for me, but they were starting on Sunday and I didn't want my opponent to have any decent starters. Harrison threw 5 no-hit innings on my bench and Butto threw 6 innings of two run baseball. They both did well, but apparently I didn't need them. They can still get a ring though.

The MVP of the championship match was Freddie Freeman, who hit .308 with a .438 OBP, three bombs, six RBIs, 6 runs, 2 walks, and a steal.

So, that does it. To keep this post from getting any longer, I will not tell you the team I drafted (unless you want to hear it). It was much different than it was when the season ended, due in part to the 21 trades that I made this season. Granted, we had a live draft, so nobody (except for apparently the first place team who made no trades) seemed to be perfectly content with their teams.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The LOOGY

Commentary on the Cy Young Awards

THE TOP PLAYERS FOR 2024